Saturday, March 24, 2012

Multiple Landmarks in Individual Photos

      On this page, I indulge my passion for getting two or more landmarks into one photo.  
     For the photo above, I waited about ten minutes to get just the right shot.  I took this photo from the MRT platform at Yuan Shan Station.  In the foreground is the Taipei baseball stadium at which the Taipei Flora Expo was taking place.  The plane is landing at the Sung Shan Airport.
     I had to wait ten minutes or more for this shot.  Several times, an MRT train rolled into the station and obscured my view just as a plane was flying overhead.  Since the day was slightly overcast, you're unable to see the Taipei 101 Building in the distance.  That would have been the icing on the cake.
     The next two photos were taken from a tour bus entering Taipei.  You can see five landmarks in the second photo.  From left to right, they are Taipei Main Station, Taipei 101 (in the distance), the South Gate, the Hsin Guang Building (the nearer of the two skyscrapers), and (enshrouded in green construction material) the Old Post Office Building.  
     It took me a long time to get these shots.  Either the weather was overcast, smoggy, or rainy; or I forgot my camera; or the windshield was dirty or fogged over.  I also had to snap the shutter when no light poles were in the way.
     You can see several other examples of multiple landmarks in single photos on the "Landmarks" page.  (Click here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment