Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Intermediate Egret

     I had to move carefully and quietly to get these pictures of an intermediate egret along the banks of Huangshi Creek in the Huangshi Riverside Park in Shihlin, Taipei.  I had to sneak through the bushes and, once in the open, had to take the picture before the egret got startled and flew away.
     Here are two more photos of an intermediate egret in the same area.  It was within a meter or so of a cattle egret, but I wasn't able to get both of them in the same picture.  

     It's sometimes hard to tell, but I think the one below is also an intermediate egret.  I saw it on the same biking trail as the ones above.
*          *          *




      For more information on the intermediate egret, click here. 

2 comments:

  1. The Egret at the top with the very long skinny neck is a Great Egret.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Since I'm no longer able to edit my blog, your correction will have to suffice.

    ReplyDelete