Monday, July 26, 2010

Chinese Bulbul

      The Chinese bulbul, also known as the white-vented bulbul, has been called one of the "three treasures of the city.  The city in question is Taipei City.  The two other treasures are the Eurasian tree sparrow and the Japanese white eye.

     Since the Chinese bulbul is a fairly small bird, if you're using an inexpensive camera, you have to get within ten meters of the bird to get a somewhat clear shot.  That's extremely difficult.  Most have been a greater distance from me and flew away before I could get close.  Some others perched within five meters of me but flew away before I could get my camera ready.
          The Chinese bulbul in these pictures was very helpful. Little by little, I got closer and closer.  I took many pictures, figuring that most of them would be blurry.  None of these pictures is as clear as I'd like, but, after all, the Chinese bulbul is a small bird.  Without professional equipment and training, a clearer picture of a Chinese bulbul may be beyond my capabilities.


     Below are some pictures I took of Chinese bulbuls while I was riding along that same trail.  I don't remember where I saw them. 

For more information on Chinese bulbuls, click here.

*          *          *

No comments:

Post a Comment