Saturday, January 7, 2012

I Take a Belly Dancing Lesson

     As I mentioned in the previous post, the belly dancers asked the audience if anyone would like to try belly dancing.  I was the only taker. 
     This is a step in the direction of new tourism, as opposed to mass tourism (old tourism).  In old tourism, you go somewhere, see something, take pictures, buy souvenirs, and go home.  In new tourism, you actually get involved with the people, the culture, and whatever else is the object of your visit.  I don't know if you could call my impromptu belly dancing lesson actual involvement, but it was at least participation.  It involved stepping out of my comfort zone and doing something more involved than just watching and taking pictures. 
     Below are the photos:











Back to part one: "Taiwanese Belly Dancers" (link)
Forward to part three: "Taiwanese Belly Dancers: Random Photos" (link)

No comments:

Post a Comment